Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Laspada's Original Hoagies - Davie, FL

"Best damn hoagies in town"

It was Friday lunch time: Was reluctant to drive twenty minutes one way, only to get food back to work, because the place was too small to seat all of us. But, I knew guys from my workplace who religiously flock to this place. So, this time I decided to tag along.
We were greeted by a long line, over a dozen people, and the sweet smells of a well-functioning kitchen. Detected the "veggie" hoagie on the menu and took my place in the line.
It was more than a half hour before I could bite into the hoagie made to my specifications. It was delicious. I ordered a small (8"), having been warned in advance to not go for the 12" unless I wanted to save it for dinner. I chose an assortment of vegetables and cheese with spicy mustard, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano (a standard with all their hoagies) on a wheat Italian roll. All their breads are freshly baked at a local Italian bakery.
Simple ingredients like the marinated sweet peppers, sliced dill pickles, and the sliced hot cherry peppers stood out. Even the tomatoes tasted better – they use only vine ripened tomatoes (definitely makes a difference). I liked that the cheese slices were wrapped around the vegetables to hold them in place; made for easier eating.
Having lived in Philadelphia, I know a good hoagie (although vegetarian) when I eat one. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal - will definitely sign up for the ride again!

Link to their menu

LaSpada's Hoagies on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment